Retirement by the Numbers:
· One of the 77 million baby boomers reaches 50 every seven seconds.
· The age for retirement was set at 65 by Kaiser Willhelm in the late 1800’s. It is now generally accepted among gerontologists that life expectancy may exceed 85 years.
· In 2001, 28% of the population was 50 and older. By 2020, that segment will be 36% of the population.
· Nearly 6,000 Americans turn 65 every day.
· Nearly 35 million Americans were 65 or older in year 2000.
· Consumers 65 and over make up 13% of the population but account for only 2% of the characters on prime-time TV.
· In the next 25 years, there will be over one million centenarians in this country.
So, what can we learn from all of this?
Make friends with young people! They will pick your retirement home or nursing home & they will be the ones most likely to speak at your funeral.
One of the best places to retire is on Idaho Real Estate!
Search 55+ communities in the Boise-Nampa area.