I met a prospective buyer a few weeks ago at an open house and immediately put her in touch with a mortgage lender to get qualified. While she qualifies, with a co-signer, she doesn't have the cash available for downpayment/closing costs. She thought she could get 100% financing. No, that ship has sailed! I explained that she would need 3.5% of the sale price and could possibly get a seller's assist for the closing costs, but she definitely has to have some skin in the game. Her dad had offered to be a co-signer (he was the one out looking for a home for her, and called her from my open house), the cash is not currently available. Yesterday she emailed me to say that she has to put the purchase on hold until the Spring, when she will be in a better situation, financially. AND...... she will be contacting me at that time, because I didn't try to "sell" her, instead I educated her! We will be keeping in touch and hope to be out looking for the perfect home next Spring!