History of Fairlington:
In the 18th century, much of what is now Fairlington belonged to Colonel John Carlyle, a prominent Alexandria citizen and owner of the celebrated Carlyle House. Around 1700, this friend of George Washington established a plantation and built on it a large white house, Morven, located at the end of what is now South 31st Street, north of King Street. In 1774 George Washington purchased land that included a small parcel in Fairlington near Abingdon School and South 28th Street.
All of Fairlington north of South Columbus Street lies within the original diamond set-aside for the seat of the federal government authorized in the 1788 ratification of the Constitution. One of the surviving boundary stones is near the intersection of King Street and South Wakefield Street in Fairlington Mews, across from Fairlington Presbyterian Church.
This place leads to be a amazing one time home investment for virginia lovers. Best prices starts from $355,000 in Alexandria, VA.