In my South Tampa home, we have a new rule...no passing gas! The man of the house isn't too happy about it, but it is a must. He says..."it doesn't smell"...but that's the silent but deadly part. There is no smell.
Guess what...It's carbon dioxide gas and I don't want it around me or ruining my beautiful environment!
Many people believe the things they can't see or smell don't exist. Well, I am here to tell you that carbon dioxide does exist and we need to make a difference to stop global warming. I love our climate in Tampa Florida and I would like to continue to enjoy it for the next 50 years.
Imagine....Tampa being one of the cities that contributes the least amount of carbon dioxide...we could be nationally recognized. Next thing we know, everyone want to purchase and live in Tampa! Oh, what a beautiful thing it would be.
- Change a Light - You can save 150 pounds of carbon dioxide a year by just replacing one regular light bulb with a compact fluorescent bulb
- Check Your Tires - Poor tire pressure wastes gas. Keeping your tires inflated property can improve gas mileage by 3% and every gallon of gas you save in turn saves 20 pounds of carbon dioxide
- Wash Your Clothes in Cold Water - Saves about 500 pounds of carbon dioxide per year
- Plant a Tree - One tree can absorb one ton of carbon dioxide over it's lifetime.
- Unplug Your Electrical Devices - Unplugging electronics when they are not in use can save thousands of pounds of carbon dioxide a year.
We all want to live in the best environment possible. Here in Tampa, homeowners want nothing less. One small change can go a long way.
I have replaced over 10 bulbs in our house with the compact fluorescent model. I only wash in cold water (thank you Tide for cold water). I have 5 huge trees in my little South Tampa yard and we just bought another one to plant last weekend. I use Eco-Friendly Pest Control. And, upon doing this research, thanks to the help of one of my wonderful friends, Melissa Meehan with the Southern Alliance for Clean Energy, I have learned today about turning off and unplugging my electrical devices (thank you Melissa). If you have questions about how you can make responsible energy choices that solve global warming problems and ensure clean communities, please feel free to click here to email Melissa.
If you are interested in more information on the truth about Global Warming, please check out http://www.climatecrisis.net/
This information provided on behalf of your dedicated Eco-friendly Tampa Mortgage Professional, Leah Ross. If you are interested in ways you can make your home more energy efficient, please email or call me. I proudly offer my mortgage services in South Tampa, Tampa, New Tampa, Brandon, Westchase, Clearwater, St. Petersburg and the rest of the Tampa Bay area.