Remember the brilliant marketing campaign of the 90's by Kodak that encouraged us to capture the most special moments in our life by taking a picture of them with a Kodak camera? Of course you do, everyone does!
If you've never heard of a Kodak Moment (where have you been living?), it's that heartwarming instant where a picture captures the moment perfectly. A Kodak moment is where you've caught the essence of a scene on film, for life!
We have teamed with Kodak to have you share your special Kodak moments with the world. You'll be sharing them with Kodak, sharing them with ActiveRain, sharing them with other members and sharing them with your clients. Because a real Kodak moment happens when you share; and nowhere are real estate agents sharing with more passion than on ActiveRain.
When you share a picture with people you build a stronger relationship, a stronger emotional bond.
Technically, we're in the business of selling. Most of the time we aren't selling houses however, we're selling emotion. It's that special euphoria that washes over them when they see their master bedroom in a virtual tour, walk in closet and jetted tub included. It's that visceral gut reaction that seizes them when they see the photo of their new kitchen in the perfect lighting with the stainless steel fridge and the marble countertops. It's allowing their mind to run wild with the possibilities for what they will do with finished basement. It's all created by sharing images that capture the essence of the life upon which they are about to embark.
Kodak understands that pictures build an emotional bond; they've been helping people perfect this for decades. Now they want to work with real estate agents to perfect the reality of building stronger relationships and emotional bonds with your clients through your photos and videos.
In conjunction with ActiveRain, Kodak is running a special contest on ActiveRain to see what amazing Kodak moments you have captured over the years. We want you to share these special photos with us in a blog post and explain the significance of the picture so that readers are taken back to the time and place the photo was taken, so that they are bonded to that moment in time.
The contest will be judged by representatives of the Kodak company as well as the staff at ActiveRain and ultimately you, our members!
- Write a public blog post that features your most special photo. In the blog post, explain to your readers why this image is so special. Recreate the time and place the picture was taken and why it holds such a special place in your heart. Please make the post at least 200 words.
- In the title of your post somewhere use the words: 'Kodak Moment'. Get creative, as most of you do so well.
- Place your post in the 'ActiveRain' channel and use the topic 'Kodak Moment'
- Place a link to the post in the comment section of this blog post.
- Optional: On the ActiveRain and Kodak Facebook page, place a link back to your blog post with the thumbnail selected as your Kodak moment photo (this portion is optional as Facebook guidelines dictate we can not make it required)
- Optional: On your twitter account, create a tweet using the hashtag '#KodakMoment' and a link back to your blog post.
- At the footer of your post include:
This post is written as a submission to the ActiveRain 'Kodak Moments' contest. I have the chance to win the KODAK EASYSHARE M580 Digital Camera
To participate in the ActiveRain contest, visit the blog post announcing the contest from Kodak and ActiveRain.
10 posts will be selected by a panel of judges from ActiveRain and Kodak. These ten posts will be featured in a special 'ActiveRain Daily Drop' newsletter. From these ten posts, members will have a chance to vote on which post and photo they like the best. The top post based on the voting of the community will win a:
1st Place: KODAK EASYSHARE M580 Digital Camera, a 7 inch PULSE Digital Frame and 2,000 ActiveRain points.
2nd Place: 7 inch PULSE Digital Frame & 2,000 ActiveRain points.
3rd-10th Place: 2,000 ActiveRain points.
All non-winning entries in the contest will be given 1,000 ActiveRain points.
- Posts need to be submitted by December 17th.
- The 10 winning posts will be included in the December 24th ActiveRain 'Daily Drop'
- From December 24th through December 29th we will hold open voting for the best 'Kodak Moment' post.
- The winning posts will be announced on December 30th.
(If you are looking for something to put on your wish list for the holidays, a little birdie told us that one of the upcoming Kodak contests with some really great prizes is centered on the use of video. Maybe asking for a HD video camera would be a good idea? You can send gift givers to Kodak via this link and save $50 on the Kodak Zi8 Pocket Video Camera)