SHORT SALE MY HOME , what does that mean?
Short selling your home is an option when you now owe more then what your home is worth. the process is actually not as difficult or scary as the bank would like us to think. To short sale your home, you first have to find a real estate agent, who understands and knows how to presue the short sale of your home. Once you find an gent you feel comfortable with you have your home listed by the agent for short sale. during this time your agent will have given you some jomework of your own:
You may ask what information will the bank need to Short Sale My home?
Here is the most common information that the bank will ask for:
- Hardship letter (a letter that descirbes the hardship that is forcing you to leave your home.
- most current 60 days of bank statements
- Last two years of tax returns
- A filled out financial statement detailing your assets and obligations
- last two check stubs or letter of unemployment awareded to you
The bank also requires you to list your home with a Real Estate Agent in your area.
The nice part about an agent handling the sale is they take on the stressful part of contacting the bank and negotiations of the property.
Important things to remember when selecting an agent for your short sale:
- Does the agent have experience with handling short sales.
- make sure the agent does not ask for money from you to begin the short sale.
- How will the agent market your property.
At one time doing a short sale was a industry secret, now it is an industry normalcy. It is important to find an agent that you feel compertable with, Someone who cares about you as a client and that you are not just another sale.
Some may ask why would the bank agree for me to short sale my home, well the answer is simple it is more cost effective for the bank in this market to take a loss on the property now then to spend the money on the foreclosure process and then sell it in 3-6 months in a declining market.
If you would like more information on short sales and are not in the state of Arizona we can help you find an agent to help you in your area. If you are in Arizona please contact us and we can help you decide if short sale is right for you.
PLEASE VISIT WWW.INGERHEBERT.COM
1745 S Alma School Road
Mesa, Arizona 85210