Have you ever wondered why your blog posts did not get a single comment? Do you want more comments on your posts?
Here are 10 Ways To Get More Comments On Your Blog Posts. (not in any specific order of importance.)
1. Start with a catchy title. Like this one..:-). A 'n ways to...' or a question like 'Droid or iPhone?. Or...'The Secrets of...'. I may have to write a complete post about this topic - not here. Make sure your content pertains to the title.
2. Select a 'hot' topic. Like 'Droid or iPhone?'. Knowing that these two smartphones cover more than 80% of smartphone market share, you are more likely to get comments on this as compared to writing a post that describes great features of either of these smartphones.
3. Ask questions. Be honest. Ask questions only if you do not know the answer. Google is there to answer most of your questions so please do not expose your ignorance.
4. Comment on others blog posts. It's a two-way street. If you have built a relationship with someone, please make some meaningful comments on some of their posts, if not all posts. This is a way to build relationships in the community.
5. Build relationships with others in your blogging community. Refer them by name. Get to know them. Look at their profile and find out more about them. It's about 'THEM', not you!
7. Just be YOURSELF. Do not try to 'stuff' the post with literary work. Keep it simple. Do not camouflage your personality. (like I did by using this metaphor.)
8. Limit the size of your posts. It is easy to write a long blog posts but remember, unless it is very interesting post on interesting topic, most of the readers will 'run-away'. People are busy - respect their time.
9. Reward your commentators. I came across Margaret Rome's post today where she offers her autographed book 'Real Estate the Rome Way' for every 10th comment on her listing posts. (I wish I could do the same, but for that, I will have to write a book!)
And if nothing else works...
10. Just Request Comments. It's my shameless plug! I'd appreciate if you can comment on this post on what is good and what is not. Can you add some more points to this topic - '10 Ways to Get More Comments on Your Blog Posts'?