So today we had our annual Thanksgiving Celebration for our team, The Sheila Newton Team at RE/MAX Realty Professionals. This is when everyone on the team prepares a dish (or 2) and we all gather at the office and lay out a spread worthy of any Thanksgiving table.
This is a tradition we have maintained for as long as there has been a Sheila Newton Team, no matter what company we have been with. We will participate in the office festivities as well, of course, but we always make sure to have our own separate gathering, no matter what. It is one way we stay connected.
And for me, the neatest thing about our meal together (aside from the time shared with one another), is that all the food is prepared by the people who brought it. Real life “pot luck.” There is an intimacy about this that just feels good to me; like everyone is bringing something personal to the table, not a bucket of KFC or a side dish they picked up at the market.
Today’s offerings included ham (crock pot—yum), hash brown casserole, green bean casserole, broccoli slaw, garlic/cheese biscuits, some sort of grapes/cream whip/cream cheese/sour cream delight …that’s all I remember , but I think there was more. It was yummers x mucho.
We also have a traditional Christmas Celebration which is similar but we usually incorporate games/gifts. It is a lot of fun to see your teammates out of their normal contexts, like in a compromising position (games, etc.) Ha!
Do any of you have fun times with your team or office to report? Do tell!
Twenty Recent Blog Posts:
1. What's next? Opening on CHRISTMAS DAY??? Gimme a break!!! - 11/16/10 08:35 PM
2. How To Use Your AR "Settings" Page - 11/16/10 10:04 AM
3. Did You Really Expect a Counter Offer? - 11/16/10 09:52 AM
4. So...Read Any Good Signs Lately? - 11/15/10 10:53 PM
5. SEO Copywriting for Real Estate - 11/15/10 10:10 AM
6. SOMETHING THIS SAD IN RUNNER'S WORLD MAGAZINE? REALLY?? - 11/14/10 08:03 PM
7. 7 Mistakes to Avoid on Active Rain - 11/14/10 07:43 PM
8. Anderson SC and Greenville SC Foreclosures - free list by email - 11/14/10 07:22 PM
9. ORGANIC ICED GREEN TEA -- IT DOES A BODY GOOD! - 11/13/10 06:23 PM
10. THANKSGIVING? IN LESS THAN TWO WEEKS? SERIOUSLY? - 11/12/10 06:30 PM
11. Veteran's Day -- A 63 Year Old Tradition - 11/11/10 05:00 PM
12. Happy Birthday, Leathernecks! 235 and Counting! - 11/10/10 10:08 PM
13. I'LL GET YOU A GIFT IF YOU'LL GET ME ONE!!! - 11/09/10 09:46 PM
14. HAS IT NOT BEEN GETTING DARK THIS EARLY ALL ALONG??? - 11/08/10 06:25 PM
15. REINING CATS AND BLOGS - 11/07/10 09:58 PM
16. Stigmatization: Psychological Defects of Properties - 11/06/10 08:54 PM
17. ANOTHER WEEK WISER AND MORE BEAUTIFUL - 11/05/10 09:07 PM
18. ANYBODY EVER HEARD OF THIS? - 11/04/10 05:38 PM
19. AGENCY RELATIONSHIP -- BRIEF REVIEW - 11/03/10 10:20 PM
20. UPS GUY: WHAT CAN RAINBOW DO FOR YOU? - 11/01/10 11:06 PM