The Truth Hurts (Especially When You're NOT Telling It)
I had a Listing appointment with a very nice woman a few weeks ago. She invited me into her home and let me share ALL of the information that I had for her home. Finally, came the BIG Question: What is my home worth? I gave her the value range for her home ending with an estimated List price.
She was exstatic. Why? Because she said that I was the first Agent (out of 3) that gave her the FULL information regarding her home. Her complaints were as follows:
1. The other two Agents had left out the lowest Comps for her home. (She already had a complete set of her own!)
2. One of the Agents actually laughed at her when she asked about the "omitted" property saying that it was NOT a real sale (when it was a REAL sale)
3. Both of the other Agents bad mouthed the other Agent AND myself.
1. Give ALL information for a home (even when it does NOT line up with your view of the home's value).
2. Never laugh at another person EVER. It is just plain rude and should NEVER be done.
3. Do NOT bad mouth the competition because it makes people look classless and insecure.
In this case, the truth hurts because the other two Agents were not telling it. Our Sellers have access to more information than ever before. Trying outsmart our Sellers is NOT a wise thing to do...EVER. It is bad business and it is bad Karma. What say you?
Mark Velasco-Southern California Realtor (LA County)