I wrote some time back that our broker called a meeting and told us we had one week remaining as RE/MAX agents before we would become Agent Owned agents – he was giving up the RE/MAX franchise in favor of the latter named. It made more sense, better business opportunity, good and great was Agent Owned, etc.; and all of a sudden RE/MAX was a bad deal and their business model didn’t make sense in this economic climate, etc. (This after 17 years of nothing but good things to say about RE/MAX)
So…I don’t think things went down the way the broker thought/hoped they would. The vast majority of his biggest hitters did NOT just roll over into an unknown brand like it was the best idea since sliced bread (the way they were selling it). Rather, the majority of his big hitters hung their licenses with a local RE/MAX and waited on a new franchise to open, then hung their licenses with that RE/MAX – in the city where they were practicing to begin with. And, within 6 – 12 months, we will own the market share again and dominate the way we once did with the broker in question.
Note* We placed our hat in the running and were told by corporate that we would have been awarded the franchise but for the fact that RE/MAX Realty Professionals had already placed themselves on a waiting list for Anderson several years back. This gave them preferential consideration, of course, and so they are the new RE/MAX in Anderson. We are happy to affiliate with these folks and couldn’t think of a finer company to have to defer to at such a time as this. Now we can breathe a sigh of relief knowing we do not have an entire company to run. HaHa. (We do that on a small scale now anyway…have for years)
Back to the subject…not only did most all of the top producers opt to stay with the RE/MAX brand, there is strong indication that even those who stayed through the change with Agent Owned are looking seriously at reconsidering RE/MAX. (I said it before, I’ll say it again…around HERE, nobody has ever heard of that company) And I did some research on Agent Owned in Charleston, SC – their home base, and I was quite surprised at what I found in terms of numbers and market share. We have a girl who is with us at RE/MAX who left there to come here, and she has no sour taste in her mouth about the company…but she sure does shed a lot of light on what is so “great” about it. Suffice it to say, I will take the most recognized real estate brand in the world all day long over the “we can win folks over” mentality…especially in these economic times.
I cannot say how Agent Owned will do in Anderson, S.C…I hope they succeed >> there is plenty of business to go around, and I always welcome healthy competition. Another reason I hope they succeed is because I like the broker. I have known him for a lot of years. I respect him and I appreciate the things he has done for me over the years. He is a good man and he has done a lot of good things for a lot of people – many of whom, I suspect, don’t even appreciate it.
But I DO know what RE/MAX Realty Professionals will do in Anderson, S.C…we will set this city on fire. We are going to re-energize this place the likes of which no one has seen since the former broker started RE/MAX Foothills some 17 years ago. There is an excitement beginning to grow and it is contagious. When we all get back together, we will be bigger and stronger, and we will take it to the people…and when we do, look out everybody!
I guess I should say, “Look UP everybody…” HeHeHe...
Twenty Recent Blog Posts:
2. Old Fashioned "Bring a Dish" Holiday Celebration - 11/17/10 08:45 PM
3. What's next? Opening on CHRISTMAS DAY??? Gimme a break!!! - 11/16/10 08:35 PM
4. How To Use Your AR "Settings" Page - 11/16/10 10:04 AM
5. Did You Really Expect a Counter Offer? - 11/16/10 09:52 AM
6. So...Read Any Good Signs Lately? - 11/15/10 10:53 PM
7. SEO Copywriting for Real Estate - 11/15/10 10:10 AM
8. SOMETHING THIS SAD IN RUNNER'S WORLD MAGAZINE? REALLY?? - 11/14/10 08:03 PM
9. 7 Mistakes to Avoid on Active Rain - 11/14/10 07:43 PM
10. Anderson SC and Greenville SC Foreclosures - free list by email - 11/14/10 07:22 PM
11. ORGANIC ICED GREEN TEA -- IT DOES A BODY GOOD! - 11/13/10 06:23 PM
12. THANKSGIVING? IN LESS THAN TWO WEEKS? SERIOUSLY? - 11/12/10 06:30 PM
13. Veteran's Day -- A 63 Year Old Tradition - 11/11/10 05:00 PM
14. Happy Birthday, Leathernecks! 235 and Counting! - 11/10/10 10:08 PM
15. I'LL GET YOU A GIFT IF YOU'LL GET ME ONE!!! - 11/09/10 09:46 PM
16. HAS IT NOT BEEN GETTING DARK THIS EARLY ALL ALONG??? - 11/08/10 06:25 PM
17. REINING CATS AND BLOGS - 11/07/10 09:58 PM
18. Stigmatization: Psychological Defects of Properties - 11/06/10 08:54 PM
19. ANOTHER WEEK WISER AND MORE BEAUTIFUL - 11/05/10 09:07 PM
20. ANYBODY EVER HEARD OF THIS? - 11/04/10 05:38 PM