Real Estate Agents
A SONYMA loan is a great deal for first-time homebuyers! We provide competitive interest rate mortgages and down payment assistance for eligible applicants. Our loans increase purchasing power for your clients and will assist more of them to become first-time home owners. SONYMA loans are not much different than any other conventional loan. By educating your clients about the options available to them through SONYMA, you may be able to help them qualify for an affordable home that meets their needs. Your clients will benefit from:
- Rates typically one-half to one percentage point below the conventional market for 30- or 40-year fixed-rate mortgages;
- 97% financing with as little as 1% borrower contribution;
- Down payment assistance up to the higher of: $3,000 or 3% of the home sales price (not to exceed $10,000);
- SONYMA's acceptance of most credit underwriting decisions from Fannie Mae's Desktop Underwriter® and Freddie Mac's Loan Prospector®;
- Job loss protection for eligible borrowers and programs.
For every first-time homebuyer, consider SONYMA first! Our low interest rates and down payment assistance can make all the difference in qualifying for that important first home loan.
Please contact a SONYMA Participating Lender for further information or use the links to the left to learn about our programs and how we can help you get more clients into their first homes.