The holiday season is upon us once again. It seems as though it's 4th of July and you turn around and we are less than a week away from Thanksgiving. Things we planned on during, like putting your house on the market doesn't happen. Then you start to think, well maybe I should wait till spring. Well that might not be the best thing to do, and here are 11 great reasons why you should sell your home during the Holidays.
1. People who look for a home during the holidays are more serious buyers. If they are out there looking now, it means they are looking to buy now!
2. Serious buyers have fewer houses to choose from during the holidays and less competition means more money for you.
3. Since the supply of new listings dramatically increase in January, there will be less demand for your particular home. Less demand means less money for you.
4. Houses show better when decorated for the holiday.
5. Buyers are more emotional during the Holidays, so they are more likely to pay your price.
6. Buyers have more time to looked for a home during the holidays than during the regular weekends.
7. Some people must buy before the end of the year for tax purposes.
8. January is traditionally the month for employees to begin new jobs. Since fransferees cannot wait until spring to buy, you must be on the market now to capture the market.
9. You can still be on the market, but you have the option to restrict showing during the six or seven days of the Holidays.
10. You can sell now for more money and we will provide for a delayed closing or extended occupancy until early next year.
11. By selling now, you may have a opportuinty to be a non-contingent buyer during the spring when many more houses are on the market for less money! This will allow you to sell high and buy low!
So, if you have thought about putting your home on the market, but thought the best thing to do is wait till spring, our advise is to call Team Mills today for a free no obligation consultation and let us give you all the information you need to make the right decision for you and your family.
Have a wonderful Holiday Season!