The Karma Experiment: A community of giving that starts with one person giving something away for free in exchange for another person agreeing to do the same.
We all have stuff - most of us way too much of it. Many of the things we own are too valuable to discard. For me I have been hoarding items that could bring real joy to others in my life, my community, or maybe to pure strangers because I haven't wanted to let go.
For the next 30 days I am going to give away things that are valuable to me. Some of the items had a high price tag and some just have some sentimental value to me. Either way I am going to give away at least one item a day for a month. Here is where my idea started to grow. I am going to offer these items for free on a fan page - facebook.com/karmaexperiment (Karma Experiment). If you would like one of the items you just have to agree to give something else away on the fan page at the same time.
The rules of the Karma Experiment are listed below.
- No money can exchange hands.
- Any costs to ship must be covered by the giver or the item must be picked up locally.
- Before that item can be delivered the receiver must post a free item back on our Facebook page.
- Receivers must post a link on the their Facebook wall directing their own friends back to the page.
- All items must include a photo posted to our wall of the actual item being given away.
- No junk or Naughty items allowed.
I hope to always be a student of generosity and charity. There are a few ways that you can help the project -
- Simply click "like" on the fan page - Karma Experiment Fan Page
- Promote the idea and link to the page in your blogs, facebook, or on twitter Example: Ben Kinney
- Come claim some of my valuable stuff
- Decide to donate items now on the fan page -Karma Experiment and experience the feeling of giving
Thanks for your support - See you at the next Raincamp!!