HOUSTON HOUSING MARKET STATISTICS NOT BAD!
The housing market here in the Houston area for the most part has remained stable and is experiencing a slight upswing in several areas.
Houston has been a stable market for a variety of reasons. The job market in Houston has held its own with companies still hiring and moving people to the area.
Also, Houston is one of the best dollar value markets in the country for housing. With a strong business base and great housing costs, this combination results in stability.
According to the Houston Association of REALTORS®, the following are the latest housing statistics:
- New listings for this time of year are at 232 with 2009 at 250
- Pending sales are currently at 156 with 2009 at 144
- Closed homes at 130 with 2009 numbers at 150
- Days on market are 83 with 2009 at 74
- Average price per s.f. at 121 versus 2009 at 120
With Pending Sales up and average price per s.f., the market is holding its own. Now is a great time to buy or sell!
Chevaux Group can assist you with your next purchase or sale! Give us a call today!