Learning from 2010, planning for 2011: Have you ever just wanted to kick your own rear??
photo courtesy of: http://www.flickr.com/photos/lentzstudios/3878525551/sizes/z/in/photostream/
This year has been one that has been full of ups and downs for me. I AM going to finish the year with my best sales numbers to date and I am super excited about that. However, I am not at all satisfied because those number could have been and should have been a whole lot better. I still have lots of growing to do and I made some mistakes that I am certain cost me clients and in turn income.
Don't get me wrong, I am ending the year with more listings than I have ever had, I almost doubled my number of transactions as well as increased my income from 2009 quite a bit. It has been a good year, but not good enough...
What were my grievous mistakes you ask?? Well here they are in no particular order...
1. When I was busy working on pending contracts I forgot to continue my marketing, prospecting and networking - I mean come on...I had closings to worry about, more closing were sure to come knocking on my door, right?? Not so much...in 2011, I will maintain my marketing and prospecting activities no matter how many closings I have scheduled!!
2. Once my last deal closed and I had nothing pending, I spent some time pouting - seriously, I did. We really become unemployed as soon as our last deal closes, right? So for now, I am officially employed, but only as long as I have closings in the pipeline (I have to remember that). 2011 will be the year of moving forward and staying on track!
3. I was way too inconsistent with my blogging and social media. I must find a good balance in 2011!
4. I did not consistently track my contacts, lead sources or marketing efforts. I would do really well for a few weeks, then fall off the wagon and often take weeks to get back on. No more roller coasters for me in 2011!
5. I stupidly didn't always take the advice of my broker/owners. Not that I didn't want to, I had every intention of doing it...I just didn't always make it happen. They are two of the most HELPFUL and successful people I know and why the heck I didn't just follow their lead I'll never know! I am so excited about what the coming year has in store for me and I vow to man up and blow 2011's socks off!
The good news is that I have learned from my mistakes and will not repeat them! I am working hard to wrap up 2010 with pretty little bow and break out of 2011's gate with gusto! I hope you are doing the same and here's to an amazing 2011!!