Traveling Scenic Highway 98 along the eastern shore of Mobile Bay, you will quickly understand the origin of its distinguished title. The drive through historic Montrose, takes you on a road shaded in the mystery of oak trees that have stood for hundreds of years. The closer you get to Fairhope, the more the the Spanish Moss hung landscape begins to give way to panoramic views of the bay and just beyond the Fairhope Pier, the coast becomes claimed by bay front residences that have been passed down from generation to generation.
Keep traveling past Marriott's Grand Hotel and Scenic 98 will eventually bring you to County Road 1 and Mullet Point in Point Clear. Three miles south of the intersection of Scenic 98 and CR 1, is a beautiful bay front lot for sale, awaiting a dream home. Lot 20 of Jubilee Point is an ideal place to celebrate the conclusion of each day with one of the more beautiful sunsets in the world. I took a few minutes to interview the owners of the lot, in an effort to gain a bay front land buyer's perspective. See some of the details from our conversation below:
- We liked the idea that it was a treed lot.
- Our hope was to keep as many trees as we could when we built so that it not only provided shade from the hot Alabama sun but that it looked established versus a new build on a cleared, open lot.
- There were three empty lots next to it
2. What are the selling features of lot 20?
- It has trees
- You can sit on the sandy beach and watch the sun drop into Mobile Bay each night.
- Also, it is far enough from Junction 98 that you don'tt have a lot of back and forth traffic which makes it more peaceful.
3. What improvements have you made to the lot since you have purchased it?
- We cleared debris and brush at one point. I'm not sure of the condition at this time.
- We obtained all required permits and rights from all government and local agencies to build (an expensive and time consuming process).
- While new owners would need to do apply in their own name, the legwork and permit approvals that we completed should make this a simple process for them.