Addison Pacesetters (Addison, Texas residents 50+ years of age) meet the first Wednesday of each month at Dunn Bros. Coffeehouse on Belt Line Road and learn about the Town of Addison. This month, Neil Gayden, Addison's Environmental Services Offical, spoke to us about comings and goings for Addison's restaurants.
Here are some interesting tidbits from Neil's presentation.
- Fast food and high end restaurants are doing well
- Casual dining sector is a little off
- Restauranteurs are resiliant and innovative; good at retention of existing customers
New Openings in Addison:
- Buttons (where Sambuca used to be) - Pacesetters will be having lunch there in January
- Taco Diner (where Japon and Christina's used to be)
- Texadelphia (near Freebirds in Addison Walk)
- Kenny's Italian Kitchen (in Village on the Parkway) - Pacesetters will be having lunch there in December
Opening Soon in Addison:
- Einstein's (where Blockbuster used to be on Belt Line Road)
- Schlotsky's (where Payless Shoes used to be on Belt Line Road)
- 7-11 (where Dunkin Donuts used to be on Belt Line Road)
- Los Cabos
- Dunkin Donuts
- Everyman's Frank
Neil inspects the restaurants and works with them to resolve any health and safety issues.
If you're not an Addison resident and would like to become one, please contact me about purchasing a condo, townhome, duplex or single family home in Addison, Texas. Addison is a great place to live, work and play!
Next month, the first Wednesday is January 5th. Come out and join the Addison Pacesetters at Dunn Bros.