Salem Oregon Real Estate-Sellers, 11 Reasons to List and Sell Your Home During the Holidays.
Should I list my home now during the holidays, or wait until Spring when the market is busier? That is the most frequently asked question that I am asked this time of year. I have a handout that I give to my Salem Oregon Home Sellers that has some great reasons why selling your Salem Oregon home during the holidays makes sense. Here is the handout that I give to my sellers.
1. People who are looking for a home during the holidays are more serious buyers.
2. Serious buyers have fewer houses to choose from during the holidays, and less competition can mean more money for you.
3. Since the supply of houses will start to dramatically increase beginning in January, there will be less demand for your particular home. Less demand means less money for you.
4. Houses show better when decorated for the holidays. For buyer friendly decorating tips, visit my blog Your Salem Oregon Real Estate Agent's Tips on Holiday Decorating When Your Home is on the Market.
5. Buyers are more emotional during the holidays, so they are more likely to pay your price.
6. Buyers have more time to look at homes during the holidays than they do during the normal work week.
7. Some people must buy before the end of the year for tax reasons.
8. January is traditionally the month that most employees are transferred to begin new jobs. Since transferees cannot wait until Spring to buy a new home, you must be on the market now to capture that market.
9. You can still be on the market but have the option to restrict the days and times for your home to be shown over that holidays. So, no worries about having to pack everyone up and leave the home during holiday celebrations.
10. You can sell now for more money, and I can provide for a delayed closing, or extended occupancy, until after the first of the year.
11. By selling now, you may have the opportunity to be a non-contingent buyer during the Spring, when many more homes are on the market for less money. This may allow you to sell high and buy low.
Licensed Real Estate Broker in the State of Oregon.