Will you need a License to SELL your HOME?? Take a look~

Real Estate Technology with Sentry Security Systems of Kansas City

I just thought you all might like an update on the new bill that will require homeowners to obtain a license from the EPA administration before they are allowed to sell.

This will have the biggest effect on homes 10+ years or older, for the most part.

I've included a summary here, links to the bill, other informative websites and I can send the full bill in pdf format via email to you, as well.

So, if you or any friends or relatives, are thinking about selling... you might want to take a look.

Beginning 1 year after enactment of the Cap and Trade Act, you won't be able to sell your home unless you retrofit it to comply with the energy and water efficiency standards of this Act.

H.R. 2454, the "Cap&Trade" bill will be the largest tax increase any of us has ever experienced.

The Congressional Budget Office (supposedly non-partisan) estimates that in just a few years the average cost to every family of four will be $6,800 per year. No one is excluded.

To get this permission,you will have to have the energy efficiency of your home measured. Cost $200 to start. Then the government will tell you what your new energy efficiency requirement is and you will be forced to make modifications to your home under the retrofit provisions of this Act to comply with the new energy and water efficiency requirements, which easily could cost over $50,000.

Then you will have to get your home measured again and get a license
(called a "label" in the Act) that must be posted on your property to show what your efficiency rating is; sort of like the Energy Star efficiency rating label on your refrigerator or air conditioner.
If you don't get a high enough rating, you can't sell.

And, the EPA administrator is authorized to raise the standards every year, even above the automatic energy efficiency increases built into the Act.

The EPA administrator, appointed by the President, will run the Cap&Trade program (AKA the "American Clean Energy and Security Act of 2009") and is authorized to make any future changes to the regulations and standards he/she alone determines to be in the government's best interest.

Requirements are set low initially so the bill will pass Congress; then the Administrator can set much tougher new standards every year.

The Act itself contains annual required increases in energy efficiency for private and commercial residences and buildings. However, the EPA administrator can set higher standards at any time.Sect. 202 Building Retrofit Program mandates a national retrofit program to increase the energy efficiency of all existing homes across America.

The label will be like a license for your car. You will be required to post the label in a conspicuous location in your home and will not be allowed to sell your home without having this label. And, just like your car license, you will probably be required to get a new label every so often - maybe every year.

The government estimates the cost of measuring the energy efficiency of your home should only cost about $200 each time. Remember what they said about the auto smog inspections when they first started: that in California it would only cost $15.

That was when the program started. Now the cost is about $50 for the in! spection and certificate; a 333% increase. Expect the same from the home labeling program.

CHECK OUT Just a few of the sites;

Cap and Trade: A License Required for your Home


HR2454 American Clean Energy&Security Act: http://www.govtrack.us/con! gress/bill.xpd?bill=h111-2454

Cap&Trade A license required for your home: http://www.prisonplanet.com/cap-and-trade-a-license-required-for-your-home.html

Cap and trade is a license to cheat and steal:http://www.sfexaminer.com/opinion/columns/oped_contributors/Cap-and-trade-is-a-license-to-cheat-and-steal-45371937.html

Cap and Trade: A License Required for your Home:http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/2393940/posts

Thinking about selling you House? Look at HR 2454:http://www.federalobserver.com/2009/10/01/thinking-about-selling-your-house-a-look-at-h-r-2454-cap-and-trade-bill/


Please don't hesistate to contact me with questions regarding ANY of your real estate needs:)!

Tiffany Saunders~Re/Max Advantage
(816) 728-0724 mobile
Licensed in MO&KS


Posted by


Tiffany Saunders

(913) 314-4030 Direct







This entry hasn't been re-blogged:

Re-Blogged By Re-Blogged At
Real Estate Market Trends
real estate market update
real estate
cap and trade bill
benefit of using a realtor

Post a Comment
Spam prevention
Spam prevention
Post a Comment
Spam prevention

What's the reason you're reporting this blog entry?

Are you sure you want to report this blog entry as spam?


Tiffany Saunders

V.P. of Residential Security System Sales Sentry
Will my home security system be affected by the 2G Sunset?
Spam prevention