When you decide to sell your home, keep in mind there is competition. Before you put your home on the market, use the following tips as a guideline to make your home stand out from the rest and sell!
1. Clean your house thoroughly. Pay special attention to crevices, baseboards, windows, windowsills, ceiling fans, grout and dust. You want your home to appear well cared for.
2. Stage your home. This doesn't have to cost any money. It's as simple as removing clutter and placing your furniture in each room correctly. Make sure there's a focal point, open walkways, easy access to the room and remember not to block a walkway or entry into a room with furniture. You may need to clear out a few pieces of furniture to make the room appear larger. Make the beds sparkle with fresh linens and fun pillows. After you've thoroughly cleaned your bathroom, place fresh decorative towels.
3. Deferred Maintenance:Take care of any deferred maintenance. Clean the rain gutter, change out the weather strips, make sure the caulking is clean, patch and paint holes etc. Replace light bulbs, fix leaky faucets and broken tiles.
4. Paint: If you can, make sure your paint colors compliment each other and are neutral colors. Neutral doesn't mean boring!
5. Curb Appeal: Make the best of your home's curb appeal. New exterior paint, a well manicured and green lawn and fresh flowers. Don't forget to keep your shrubs in order.
6. Outside Clutter: While we're on the subject of curb appeal, remove clutter from your yard and in front of your house. A broken down car, furniture meant for inside your home SHOULD NOT be displayed as outdoor furniture. Remove it.
7. Kitchen: Clean out your refridgerator. Take out your garbage and recycle everyday. Reorganize your pantry and put fun labels on the shelves as an extra wow factor.
8. Your Home: Make your home feel like the buyers home. Remove most of your photos and anything to aesthetically personal. When a buyer walks into your home, you want them to be able to envision living there.
9. Helpful Tip: Remember, the way you live in your home is not the way you sell it. It may seem like a tedious task to rid your house of a favorite dresser and constantly keep your home in tip top order. The end result is to get your house sold for the highest price in the least amount of time.
If you need to sell your home, call me! I'm here to help you.
<!-- Facebook Badge START -->Shantay Louis-Davies | Create Your Badge
<!-- Facebook Badge END -->
Subscribe to CommentsComment