The inclement weather and short daylight hours can create challenges for a homeowner and Realtor who want to showcase their property for sale in winter. Here are some ideas to maximize the presentation of your home.
- Keep it Cozy: You may be energy conscious during most winter days, but when potential buyers are on the way, turn the thermostat up a few degrees in advance. You want your home to be comfortable for a wide range of visitors.
- Time the Light: Having indoor and outdoor lights on timers is not only smart from a security standpoint, but can also make your home look warm and inviting to buyers when you're not at home. Make sure there is enough outdoor lighting to properly show off your home during the darker winter months.
- Wash all windows: You're already battling a lack of natural light, so make sure your home takes full advantage of what light there is. Thoroughly clean windows both inside and out to ensure that as much natural light as possible can stream in.
- Decor: While you may want to avoid heavy use of holiday-specific decorations, you can still decorate to the season to add a festive atmosphere to your home. Utilize the rich reds and blues popular in winter, and consider hanging basic winter wreaths or adding winter centerpieces to tables and countertops.
- Staging: Inside your house should look like a model home, which means clean and uncluttered.
If you are thinking of selling this winter, remember that the Buyers who are looking are serious, and usually have a timeframe or wouldn't be out in the cold. So call or email me now to find out the value of your home in today's market.
Subscribe to CommentsComment