The Festival of Light Continues in Downtown Hartford
On Friday, December 10, 2010, the Festival of Light celebration continues at Bushnell Park. The "Lights, Skating, Santa Winter Festivities" will include the grand opening of the new ice rink, musical performances by The Hartford Public High School Show Choir, encore appearances by Pucky the Whale and Santa, and an artistic light show by Herring Media Group!
At 4PM, Hartford Mayor Pedro Segarra will host the ribbon cutting ceremony for the new ice skating rink at Bushnell Park. Admission and skate rental are free until January 6, 2011. The skating rink will be open to the public after the opening ceremonies until 9PM. There will be a one hour performance by International skaters between 6PM and 7PM.
The skating rink will be open daily from December 11, 2010 through January 6, 2011 as follows:
- Monday thru Thursday from 11AM to 8PM
- Friday and Saturday from 11AM to 6PM and 7PM to 9PM. Every week there will be skating shows between 6PM and 7PM on Friday and Saturday.
- Sunday from 11AM to 8PM.
Special holiday hours are:
- December 24th, Christmas Eve and December 25th, Christmas Day from 11AM to 5PM
- December 31st, New Year's Eve (also known as First Night) from 11AM to 6PM and from 7PM to 1AM
- January 1st, New Year's Day from 11AM to 9PM
Santa will be at the Pump House on December 10th after the ceremonies until 7PM and then again on December 11th and 12th from 2PM to 5PM. Kids, get your lists ready for Santa! Santa will return to Bushnell Park's Carousel with Mrs. Claus on December 17th from 5:30PM to 7:30PM.
Enjoy the spirit of the holidays at Hartford's Festival of Light celebration. It's FREE, lots of fun, and local.