Christmas is Coming, and Kamloops is the perfect place to celebrate! Not only do we have incredible mountain views, but we have events for the whole family. From formal dinners to caroling and visits with Santa, there is something for everyone in Kamloops. With so many activities to choose from, we'd like to share some of our favorites:
- Dec 11: Block Party presented by North Face. Don't miss the Rail Jam from 4 - 7 at the lower terrain park where competitors will entertain you with their freestyles and battle it out for great prizes. Categories exist for both snowboarding and skiing. Additional lighting and a super-sized sound system will be used to ensure a great event for all.
- Dec 18 - 19: Sun Peaks 3rd Annual Christmas Market at the Delta Sun Peaks Ballroom. This great event offers unique handmade gifts, local seafood/produce, organic meats, and more. This is a great place to pick up last minute gifts, or just relax and do a little shopping.
- Dec 20: Symphony of Snow. A relaxing evening of music, featuring the Kamloops Chamber of Musicians plus some extraordinary young talent. Advance tickets recommended.
- Dec 21: Skating With Santa. Strap on your skates and come enjoy this favorite family event. Take a spin around the ice rink with Old Saint Nick, then visit with friends around the campfire and enjoy some hot chocolate.
- Dec 22: Skiing with Santa. If the slopes are more your speed, don't miss this last chance to catch Santa and give him your wish list before his annual whirlwind trip around the world. Meet at the top of the Sunbelt Express Chairlift (lift ticket or season pass required) at 11am.
- Dec 23: Horse Drawn Sleigh Rides. For those looking for a more relaxing activity, enjoy this tour through the valley and golf course as you see the incredible sights and views of the resort. Then, head into the village for hot chocolate and caroling. Advance Reservations are required.
- Dec 31: New Years' Eve Celebrations. Whether you want fine dining, a grand buffet, or to enjoy the kid's glow stick parade in the village, there is a place for you.
With events for every member of the family, Kamloops truly has something for everyone to enjoy. Where else can you ski with Santa, enjoy the sounds of great local music, top it off with a great meal, then head home to a warm fire and hot cider? For additional details on event times, locations, and prices, visit http://www.sunpeaksresort.com/events-and-festivals/events-calendar.
When you are ready to relocate to the area, call Eric Putoto! You can find information for buying a Kamloops home at Platinum Realty Inc. Eric Putoto is the ONLY Canadian Realtor and Brokerage owner to have been granted an exclusive license for the most advance home selling system ever developed: The "Maximum Value Home Selling & Buying Systems."