Recently I was provided with one of those "damned if you do, damned if you don't" scenarios and it reminded me of a blog I wrote a while back, so here it is again....my Attack on the PC police since I KNOW that America's need to be politically correct is part of a larger issue.....Wikileaks will be putting that issue out soon, so I don't have to.
ALL I hear about these days is all of this political correct crap. And Since I am one of the least politically correct people, I decided to undergo a short course. Now being the cheap bastard I am, I thought that I should be self taught and that way I don't run the risk of insulting anyone in a classroom environment. So here goes....Lesson one.
1) There are no more neighborhoods. Neighborhood is a separation of houses, like it or not. So from now on I will only refer to these parts of town as "over there" and "Not here"
2) There are no more (un)qualified Buyers. I will not work with any clients who can actually afford houses. I will instead only work with the very poor and homeless. That way I will never have a shortage of clients, and my family will soon learn to empathize with the down trodden more since we will be sharing bowls at a soup kitchen
3) There will be no more good or bad of anything. Everything will forever be equal in my book. If you want to see a million dollar house, we will start in the (formerly worst) part of town looking and drive around until we Stumble across it.
4) I will no longer use terms that might offend anyone. So since I speak Serbian, I will now conduct all of my business in Serbian, and only work with Americans. That will ensure that you are safeguarded from being offended.
5) I will now only work between the hours of noon and 2:00. There fore I am not calling anyone lazy by my own not being lazy.
6) There is no more Saint Augustine Grass because that might offend a religious group that doesn't recognize saints. Sorry New Orleans, I can't root for your team either.
7) I will no longer sell houses with palm trees because some palms are named Indian, queen, Chinese fan, fishtail, foxtail, That should do it for lesson one. (I may re-think this rule)
The reason for this blog. I just had a work product (BPO) returned to me because of the phrase Pride in ownership and I was told that that term is Racial or Racist.
Now I am an international sort of fellow. I have been to more than my fair share of places, and I have shared time and broken bread with many peoples. I have studied the languages of these people and enjoyed their friendship. I have been called everything in the longshoreman's dictionary and at one time or another been most of those things, but never have I been accused of racism, it is not a game I play or care to keep score with.
Sorry, just venting but I would love some input from the others in the field. Is the term Pride of ownership a no-no and if so-so, what else can I no longer say about the property.
Uh, the grass is uh.....on the lawn, the house is a lovely shade of TINT. (whatever that means)