It not only takes planning and preparation to sell your home or to buy a home, but it’s also a good idea to put a lot of thought into Moving Day. Here are 5 ways to make the move less stressful and more productive.
- Get three in-home estimates from professional moving companies. A professional mover will take the time to come to your home and inventory your possessions to give you an accurate estimate of the moving cost. Once you make your choice, start packing!
- Pack early. When you begin packing well in advance, you’re actually less likely to include things you no longer need. Sort those items separately as you go, and then have a yard sale or donate the items to a charitable organization. Remember to get receipts so you can deduct your donations on your tax return.
- Use recyclable packing materials. Save money and the environment by using materials around your home to pack your household goods. Instead of bubble wrap or paper, use towels, sheets, and other soft items to wrap your breakables and save space.
- Label your boxes. Keep track of each box by labeling each one by number and room, and keep an inventory of the contents.
- Save a couple “load last” boxes for easy access on moving day and your arrival (towels, sheets, toiletries, medications, etc.).
When you do arrive in your new home, try not to be overwhelmed by the piles of boxes. It’s more fun to unpack and rearrange in your new home than it is to load everything up. If you’re properly organized, you can quickly get settled. Just work on one room at a time and be sure to start in the kitchen!
"For Every Move You Make"
Whether you want to buy or sell a home in Miami, Palmetto Bay, Pinecrest, Dadeland Walk, South Miami, Coral Gables or Cutler Bay, you can depend on the Morgan team of realtors to assist you every step of the way during your real estate transaction.