Reading some old posts this morning and I thought this one deserved a Re-Blog. Great ideas from Tara here. Especially the "Don't be a Secret Agent" I wrote a blog in 2006 that is about getting out of the house..... entitled, how many houses has Dr. Phil Bought lately.
10 Ideas To The Top
1. Have many spokes to your income wheel. What would happen if you lost all your sellers/buyers/banks? The old adage of "don't put all your eggs in one basket applies here". Make sure your income is coming in from several real estate aspects. My wheel is made up of REO Income, then BPO Income, followed with a small percentage of Short sale income and then full service client income.
2. Don't Be a SECRET Agent. Wear your Realtor pin, hand out cards everywhere. Follow up calls..being a pest pays!
3. Spend 10% of what you earn (or want to earn) on education and marketing.* don't forget the free webinars, seminars and local meet ups. www.meetup.com
4. Set goals, small and large. Constantly review them, ask someone to partner with you and hold each other accountable.
5. Have a good smart phone. Email/Internet/Calendar
6. Keep a calendar accessible at all times. Before you commit make sure you are available! Never be late!
7. Don't Over Commit. It's OK to say no or ask for another deadline
8. Don't Under Commit. Push yourself and get a little uncomfortable
9. Repetitious boredom pays off! Consistency.. Don't be a R.E. Hi/Low Junkie
10. Be In The Office - Knowledge you cannot get anywhere else!
This is a great exercise to do for yourself. Write down your top 10, then look and see what you are really doing of that list. When others are slowing down take a look at what works for you and get moving full speed ahead!
As always wishing you all much success!
Tara Stone, Realtor
Certified REO and BPO Specialist