For some, 2010 wasn't as good for others and things can change around, even in a flat market. It takes work and good planning, and sometimes new risks. Do you have any new ideas for 2011? Have you even thought about your business plan? Erica Ramus talks about planning your success. Start off January 1st with a bang
Technology certainly keeps changing, with new ways to market yourself every day. But what about working on yourself first. Your health, your body, your mind, and your soul. Gary Woltal gave some good tips in this post, Start 2011 with this kind of change.
Then there should be the focus on how we treat consumers on a daily basis. What about keeping focus on some of the basics at first? How about making sure that you communicate extremely well and that your service is tops of the tops. I think we dwell on so many other issues that we lose site of the basics at times. Well, Jeff Dowler wrote this excellent post, How to creat the WOW factor with clients. An excellent read and some great things to focus on going into 2011.
This section could be 2 or 3 blog posts in itself. But do you participate on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Active rain, and a few other sites? Do you use these sites for pleasure, business, both? Do you spam yourself or are you personal in your networking efforts. In my opinion, it's good to talk about yourself, to post your blog posts, and so much more. But do you let others get to know you on a personal level? Do you try and engage your followers? Here is what I mean by engaging others.
Facebook (personal profile) Find me on facebook : Jeff Belonger
Do you have a Fan Page on Facebook? I highly recommend it. This is where I sumbit my posts that I regarding mortgages & real estate news. But I also sometimes engage my followers here also. You can find me : The FHA Expert
Look below my statement and you will see impressions and feebback highlighted. Do you know what this means? Looking for post - will incert here (if I can't find the post, scroll over the words Impressions and Feedback on a post on a fan page)
Are you afraid that you will miss comments on your Facebook fan page if you don't check every hour? Missy Caulk shared this free service that notifies you of comments on your Fan Page. E-Mail notifications for FB fan page comments
Marilyn Boudreaux makes some good points and brings some good insight with this post. Demystifying Social Media for Real Estate
Facebook ads - Do you know how to do ads on facebook? It can be very easy and affordable. You can do 2 types of advertising on Facebook... Pay per click (PPC) or Cost per impression (CPR) Here is a link : How to create facebook ads.
Twitter - Do you understand Twitter? Don't get it? Ken Cook asks : Are you wasting time on Twitter? Some important things to remember. Let's take it one step further regarding Twitter. Are you a personal marketer or a pest marketer. You can follow me on Twitter : JeffBelongerFHA and The FHA Expert -
- Long tail - If there is one important thing that I can share about blogging, that is to learn about long tail. How to grow your long tail.
- Blogging Tips - How to possibly juggle your blogging topics . What should you blog about?
- Blogging Post Comments - Do you use other's comments to your benefit? Do you debate, ignore, or delete comments that disagree with you? Even if a comment is rude, but debates you, you can use this to your benefit. What about Blogging Etiquette?
- Video Blogging - Can video blogging increase your online presence? You betcha. Powerful Marketing - using videos - Best video on AR that I have ever seen. Talk about being creative and possibly capturing a listing because of this. By Mike Lefebvre - The Mystery of a theft of ___________ ??
- Click Throughs on your blog posts - Use every toll to your benefit, by posting on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and so much more. Read this post on how I got 500 + click throughs in 23 hours. Social Networking
- SEO - SEO myths are all over. Ken Cook writes : Stop the Myths about SEO And Katerina Gasset writes : Take the high road to Google with SEO - And SEO tips by Victoria Stankard
- Backlinking - Ken Cook gives some good info about backlinking. Exchanging Links - How dead will it kill your SERP?
So, what's in your marketing tool bag for 2011. You know how to blog and how to use Facebook and Twitter. Do you do anything else to help market yourself and or stay in front of others?
SMS - Short Messaging Service aka texting - Are you keeping up with the times? Do you have young clients that are in their 20's and 30's? Do you know use their phone 24/7 and don't bother with e-mails. Ken Cook wrote this excellent post on SMS's, If SMS isn't in your marketing kit, you're missing a huge shot. Have you done e-mail campaigns before? Ken even talks about doing such a campaign, but with text messages.
Realtors & Subscriptions - Lenn Harley talks about her business plan and how she either keeps some subscriptions or kills them. Time to cook up a new and exciting business plan for 2011
Your online presence - Have you heard of Klout? I would dwell on this tool, but I certainly would use it to help you gauge your online presence and how you reach others. Are you throwing your Klout around ??
Your Business Card - Ah, something that is so simple and cheap. Please read : How do you use your business cards to market yourself. Or use Bing or Google as your business card. Bing or Google - Watch the video
Blog post titles - Need a better headline for your blog posts? Cliff Paulick writes : Giving your blog posts a better headlines
Your own newspaper - Sally Cheeseman shows us on how you can have your own newspaper article - Create your own real estate newspaper. How about paper.li ? A great way to create a news articles full of stories in an easy to read newspaper-style format. paper.li
If you have time to read this, I wrote this series in 2008. Some things still apply today.
Marketing yourself in 2008 series :
WISHING EVERYONE A SAFE & HAPPY NEW YEAR