If there aren't already enough links within this post, here's a start of the soundtrack ...
With respect to the fact that many of my friends and peers have survived and even thrived in a Real Estate Market that is about as enviable to be a part of as the Union Industry after the Hoffa debacle, I wanted to share some insights from The Outsider. And in the spirit of the New Year, these will be predictions from Yours Truly. And in the spirit of this forum and my own meandering thoughts, they will deal with everything from Real Estate to Upper Deckers to Politics to Snuggies to something that may raise an eyebrow and finally get me kicked out of this place for good after all these years. But I shall not limit it to just these things. On to the predictions:
- With a wild hair up his humorous posterior, I decide to send a late Christmas Gift to a man I truly respect. Alan May called out sick that day. SO ... That man is Bill Archambault. That gift is the Obama Chia-Pet. And let me add that Missy Caulk & Harley may get one as well.
- Speaking of things that make the world grow, The Mortgage Mythbusters become the most go to source for everything Mortgages ... for Consumers and Real Estate Professionals across the board. However, with increased notoriety comes enhanced scrutiny, as the 'Busters' own Jeff Belonger gets caught in a Favre-like scandal. The kick in the pants (puns always intended) is that his Sterger happens to be a guy with the last name of Cook. Hindsight now knows why the latter's nickname is 'Rocket Fuel'.
- Slaybaugh makes a much anticipated return from the simple world of Facebook to his rightful place atop of the world of ActiveRain. While his minions follow in droves, the new course for his muse is chartered creatively in his first post back being a Localism One. Lenza proclaims in comment number one, "I never thought the word 'jueputa' would be instilled in a blog about a Community of Retirees."
- The identity of Crazy Shark Dude is finally unveiled. First off, if you've never read the material from Dude ... and you read me ... you may want to start. Secondly, it is really Gary Woltal.
- The key to writing a Featured Post is again outlayed in writing a post about not being featured at all, ever! Hugh Krone's mark of 400 posts without a star was impressive, but doesn't quite compare to this gal's post which tops the charts. Of course, that one was featured and proves that there is a bit of Socialistic/Liberal/Evil/OMG-There's a Trophy for Everything, type of attitude running around this place. Hugh writes Blog # 500 and mentions Bob Stewart in a Snuggie at the RainCamp in Jersey, earns himself a Gold Star. That blog also earns Bob a sleeping spot on the couch, as Christa questions the whole Snuggie thing. Stewart takes back Gold Star. Krone keeps streak! Krone is the Dimaggio of this place.
- With right-wing nuts & featured posts in mind, the group Silent Majority calls out the troops as 2012 grows closer. And re-election for President Obama grows nearer. In a five day span, several posts about the economic disgrace the policies of the current administration represent are featured. The Housing Market, while more stabalized in many aspects, are utterly ignored. We now vote for Archie while Edith has to sleep with the chap. But even with voting for Edith inherently, we realize ... she is sleeping with the chap. Politics continue on ...
- A Common Man's answer to foreclosure is simply Nature's Course. What is Nature's Course? Well, that would be the already mentioned Upper Decker (see paragragh one). In the now constant fight to avoid foreclosure, a movement (puns always intended) leans forward to give the Banks a bit of shit. And when they flush to try to get rid of the shit, it ain't blue. Brown, dark brown ... Texas 'Freaking' Tea. Tom Burris shouts, "You Can't See Me!"
- Jennifer dumps me for a younger man, his name is Charles Buell. He doesn't seem to be as smart, as witty, as physically fit, and as heart-felt as me, though. But he can fix things. And he actually turns out to be smarter and funnier than me. I rescind making her a Stepford Wife in an effort to keep the peace and vow to never dump her for a younger man, even if it is JL Boney. She takes me back, mainly because I seduce her with something Charles never thought of ... consistently and continuously promising to like her Facebook status. Plus, I like better music.
- I will never run out of material, but I'll run out of Greg Nino. Of note, I don't even know if that joke makes sense but it sounded good to the synapses as I was talking to myself.
- This year will be a tad bit better than the other ones, at least for me. Maybe a bit of potential with a dollup of hard work will mean a damn thing.
Not so fly as a Prediction Guy