Here it is, the final day of 2010. It's time to be reflective and think of what worked this past year, what didn't work, and what I want to do differently in 2011. Here's a recap of what I learned, both good and bad, in 2010:
- Being a professional color consultant is lots of fun!!!
- Flying squirrels love to party after midnight -- especially in my attic! Here's a shot of Zack with Caliber Pest Solutions holding (dead) flying squirrel #8.
- Gaining weight is much easier than losing weight. (Okay, I already knew that.)
- If you eat too much chocolate, you will gain weight.
- You can do Zumba videos all day long, but if you eat too much chocolate, you will gain weight.
- Home staging still works, but the home must be priced right to sell.
- L'oreal #5 "medium brown" is MUCH DARKER than L'oreal #6 "light brown."
- Marketing is expensive.
- Just because you build it, they won't necessarily come.
- Transitioning my business from Stage, Show & Sell Home Staging Co. to Patsy Overton Interiors was a heck of a lot of work, but well worth the effort.
Here's to learning from my mistakes and having a banner year in 2011. Happy New Year to all of my AR friends!