Had to pass this one on, what a great suggestion. True to my Law of Attraction Roots. Celebrate what you have and you'll get what you love! Thoughts Become Things - Choose the Good Ones - Mike Dooley
There is weight to be lost. Bad habits to be broken. Vacations not taken, and money not earned. You are swept away in the negativity of it all, when you throw in the towel and think this:
"Welcome to 2011, LOSER".
But there is something you can do for yourself that will make New Years resolutions flow easily with a positive energy.
Celebrate 2010 first.
Usher it out with a tribute to everything that went right. Everything that changed you for the better. Embrace your successes, your creations, your revelations, your friendships, and your smallest baby steps in the right direction.
Think of the end the year as the end of a party. Was the party perfect? No. But end it graciously. Completely. Fully.
Then go to bed with a smile on your face, and sleep well.
Tomorrow is a new day year.
Let's play 20 Questions to get you going. Here's how:
1. Answer the 20 questions below about 2010 with the first thing that pops into your head. Example: #18 asks you to name someone that came into your life and changed it for the better (you are celebrating 2010 by thinking of this person).
2. Write a New Years resolution for 2011 beside each of your answers. Your resolution might be to reach out and meet more new people (boring, and not specific). A better resolution would be to sit down tomorrow (on the first day of 2011) and write this person a letter of appreciation for all they contributed to your life in 2010.
Here we go:
20 QUESTIONS TO ASK YOURSELF ABOUT 2010 BEFORE YOU MAKE YOUR NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTIONS.
1. I changed a life when I___________________________________________________________.
2. I felt like a kid when I_______________________________________.
3. I learned this new skill_______________________________________________________________.
4. This is something I read that gave me a better perspective_______________________________________.
5. I left this baggage behind__________________________________________________________________.
6. I am healthier because_____________________________________________________________________.
7. I boldly stepped out of my comfort zone to do this___________________________________________.
8. I wasn't paid money to do this, but it paid off in a bigger way________________________________.
9. I am so glad I decided NOT to ___________________________________________________.
10. This was my most important discovery____________________________________________.
11. I consider this small move a baby step in the right direction_____________________________________.
12. 2010 was better than 2009 because____________________________________________________________.
13. I was able to overcome my worst moment in 2010 because I___________________________________.
14. Even though I was afraid, I did this__________________________________________________________.
15. I am glad I bought this for myself._____________________________________.
16. It may seem insignificant, but this one small change mattered________________________________.
17. The place that inspired me________________________________________________________________.
18. The new person who came into my life and changed it for the better_______________________________.
19. I felt LUCKY in 2010 because of this______________________________________________________.
20. When I think about 2010, I want to shout this from my rooftop "__________________________"!!!!
A New Year begins and the world once again offers the bright pure joy of possibility. Go out and make a difference. Happy New Year Readers and Subscribers!