We all at some point in our Real Estate Careers we have had to fire a buyer or seller.
Here are some ways it has been done!
- Don't call them back!
- Give them a crazy answer when they ask a crazy question and hope they go away.
- Cancel showing appointments, hope they get the message.
- Find an excuse, any excuse not to follow up with them.
- Tell them politely,you are referring them to another agent.
- Don't tell them you are referring them to another agent, but do it anyway.
- Misplace their phone number,email etc.
- Tell them the truth, why you cannot work with them.
OK, I know what you are thinking, who would want to fire a buyer? Many of us know the answer. There are times when it just has to be done. Realtors have pride and ethics and a code to live by contrary to what many believe. Sometimes it just not worth it.