I'm reblogging J Philip Faranda's post on ReBar camp in NYC. If you are in the Tri-State area...and that means NY, CT, NJ...even though I lived in other areas of the country where they have their own version of the "tri-state" and their own version of "The City."...this is an event you really should go to.
I went to the one in Rye and it was amazing. I learned a ton...my head was spinning. And, I met a lot of really great people there including AR members such as Phil and Suzanne Welch.
I know there are many others in the area that I've recently met and/or spoken to on the phone who are going and I know a few non-realtors who plan to attend.
I hope to see you there.
I never attended a REBarCamp until this past October in Rye at the NYSAR event. I didn't know what they were all about, but I had a baptism of fire when I was actually conscripted to moderate a session!
If you have never been to a REBarCamp and you are wondering, don't fret. All you need to do is register for FREE for the New York event this coming January 11 at the Roger Smith hotel in midtown Manhattan and you can experience a great one for the first time and then play in the Big Apple afterwards. You'll have a ton of fun, you'll learn as much as you can absorb and then some, and it is a killer networking opportunity to rub elbows with colleagues from all over the Metropolitan area in our varied industries.
To get more information, shoot me an email, or, better yet, log onto one of the following sites:
Here are some of the particulars:
What: RE BarCamp New York 2011
When: Tuesday, January 11, 2011
Time: 9:00am to 5:00-ish PM (registration starts at 8:00 AM-ish)
Where: The Roger Smith Hotel
501 Lexington Avenue,
New York, New York 10017, NYC
Twitter Hashtag: #REBCNY
Who: Realtors, lenders, title, escrow, appraisers, inspectors, virtual assistants, home stagers and anyone in real estate hoping to improve their business through social media.
What is REBarCamp? It is a day of free form sessions in the real world addressing real estate in 2011. And it is free, thanks to our numerous sponsors, but the whole thing is coordinated by the Lucky Strikers Social Media Club, of which I am a proud member.
Come feed your brain and recharge your batteries to start 2011 off right.
- We Are Westchester County & Metro New York Real Estate. Reach Phil at (914) 723-8900.
- J. Philip Faranda, Broker-owner, J. Philip Real Estate, LLC. Vice President, Empire Access Multiple Listing Service.
- I am one of New York's premier short sale REALTORS, serving Westchester, the Hudson Valley & Metropolitan New York.
- Free MLS Search! Register for a Free Listingbook account and search the MLS like an agent.
- I am hiring agents. We offer outstanding support, marketing resources, and pasta.All content/images, unless noted, are the property of J. Philip Faranda & may not be used without permission