Most major markets have their exclusive luxury home neighborhoods. DC is no exception. Many luxury homes are inhabited by politicians, diplomats, and prestigious business owners. Today we take a look at the Top 10 most luxurious homes in DC that have sold in the last 6 months. As you would expect, most of these homes can be found in Georgetown, Kalorama, and the Mass Ave corridor.
1. 3210 R ST NW, WASHINGTON, DC 20007. After zero days on the market, this palacial 8/BR/8BA pre-war home in East Village (near Dumbarton Oaks) features 3 fireplaces, a south-facing garden, a swimming pool and a detached garage. Sold price: $11,111,111.00.
2.3220 NEBRASKA AVE NW, WASHINGTON, DC 20016. This 6BR/6FB/4HB home in Spring Valley subdivision is a gorgeous 10,000+sf colonial sitting on almost an acre. There is a swimming pool, two reflecting ponds, a 2-car garage and large circular driveway. There is also a library, 12-seat theatre, 6 fireplaces and staff quarters. Sold price: $7,525,000.
3. 2414 TRACY PL NW, WASHINGTON, DC 20008. 6BR/6FB/1HB. This luxury residence in Kalorama was built in 1924 but underwent a complete reconstruction which added a 2-story addition. There are private gardens, 2 fireplaces, a swimming pool and spa. Sold price: $6, 375, 000.
4. 3303 WATER ST NW #N-8, WASHINGTON, DC 20007. 3BR/4FB/1HB. This 2-level home is situated in a luxury condo building along the Potomac River waterfront. With gorgeous views of the Potomac from the floor-to-ceiling windows, this 3754sf condo features ultra-modern kitchen and baths. There is an upper level den and roof deck, a custom wine cooler and state-of-the-art audio system. Sold price: $5,750,000.
5. 2808 WOODLAND DR NW, WASHINGTON, DC 20008. 5BR/8FB/1HB. This stately Georgian home built in 1989 features an exclusive upgraded kitchen, several public rooms fit for an embassy, 4 fireplaces, an au-pair suite, and state-of-the-art technology. The grounds and gardens are lighted, and of course, there is a swimming pool. Sold price: $5,225,000.
6. 1231-1235 31ST ST NW, WASHINGTON, DC 20007. 5BR/4FB/2HB. This stunning all brick white Georgetown classic semi-detached features an attached garage, gorgeous center hall, 3 fireplaces, and 6714sf. Gourmet kitchen, marble floors, delectable gardens with in-ground fountain along the cobblestone walk, and a pool. Sold price: $4,750,000.
7. 1515 30TH ST NW, WASHINGTON, DC 20007. 6BR/4FB/1HB. This 4000sf turn-of-the-century East Village Federal-style home was completely renovated in 2010. This end unit townhome features a double parlor, walls of windows facing the gardens, arched doorways, curved staircase, 3 fireplaces, a butler's pantry with fantastic wood detailing, gourmet kitchen, swimming pool, a stunning "natural" pergola for shade, hopelessly gorgeous wood floors, marble detail in the main bath, and an assigned parking space a block away. Sold price: $4,050,000
8. 2104 DUNMORE LN NW #LOT 40, WASHINGTON, DC 20007. This newly completed Italian villa style 6BR/5FB/2HB masterpiece has 3 fireplaces, a butler's pantry, dual staircastes, custom steam shower, 2-story great room, wine room, media room, and au-pair suite. There is a dining terrace, pool and elevator. Sold price: $3,650,000.
9. 4815 DEXTER ST NW, WASHINGTON, DC 20007. 7BR/7FB/1HB. This stunning stone and shingle newer home (2003) features 4 levels and 3 fireplaces. Situated on almost half an acre in Wesley Heights/Berkley, this home boats a remarkable chef's kitchen with commercial detail, an office detailed in mahogany and rosewood, his and her dressing areas in the master suite, in-law suite with kitchenette in basement. Steps to Battery Kemble park, this outstanding home is superb. Sold price:$3,600,000.
10. 84 KALORAMA CIR NW, WASHINGTON, DC 20008. 6BR/5FB/2HB. The new owners of this European-style detached home in Kalorama are no doubt looking forward to enjoying cool summer nights in the garden next to the cocktail pool. The high ceilings & exquisite architectural detailing invoke feelings of Paris or Zurich. Two master suites with sun porches, sunroom, and 5 fireplaces. There is also a 2 car-garage and views of Rock Creek Park. Sold price: $$3,475,000.
Cathy Valdiviez Baumbusch
International Real Estate Specialist (IRES)
REALTOR®, MBA, CRS, ABR, e-PRO
Phone: 703-969-1691 Fax: 866-508-5743
Cathy B, REALTOR®, RE/MAX Allegiance
Serving Washington, DC Virginia and Maryland
At Home with Diversity - Certified Auction Specialist
Certified Distressed Property Expert - NFSTI REO Certification Level 1
A Veteran Owned Business