Reverse Slope Waste Line | Home Inspection Seattle - Bellevue- Everett
- Washington State Inspector License 619
- WSDA Structural Pest Inspector license 79988
- Over 25 years new home construction experience
- Custom Reports including digital and infrared images
- Weekend appointments available
Reverse Sloping Waste Line in crawl-space !
The waste line for this home in the Seattle, Bellevue, Everett area has sagged beneath the crawlspace so that the last 10 feet of the pipe slopes the wrong direction ( ie: a reserse sloping waste line); towards the inside of the house. The
sewer waste line should slope 1/4" per lineal foot towards the exterior.
The homeowner did have a problem with a clogged sewer line a few years ago. The problem was corrected by snaking the line from the exterior. The cause of the problem was never addressed most likely as there was no crawl-space access to this area. Access has since been cut in thru the floor.