What is “GREEN” ?
Green is a term used in today’s society to reflect on ways to save energy, resources and live a healthier life in a cleaner environment. It includes such practices as Recycling, Reusing and Reducing. These practices can be used in home building, home renovations, personal habits, lifestyles, land improvement and management. The costs of these green features can range from zero to hundreds and sometimes thousands of dollars but over the life cycle of them you will save money, time, and reduce the effect on the environment. The US Green Build Council (USGBC) has come out with a rating program for buildings to help determine the savings. The program is called Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) and has many categories depending on the type of building and use such as Home, Retail, School and New Construction. There are many different rating systems some of the others are EnergyStar by the EPA, the National Green Building Standard by the National Ass. Of Home Builders (HAHB), BREEAM standard from the United Kingdom and Architecture 2030 to mention a few.
To understand more of “green” I have pulled out five ActiveRain posts to help explain.
1. Going Green 2011 by Phyllis Lerner of the William Raveis Legends Realty Group in Tarrytown, Ct.
2. What is LEED for Homes and the US Green Build Council? By David Popoff, William Raveis, Darien, Ct.
3. Link to your local Recycle Center by Jean Hedren, Edina Realty, Gordon, WI.
4. Home energy savings tips by JJ & Suzanne Greive, Home Inspections of Puget Sound, WA.
5. Offset your carbon footprint by David Popoff, William Raveis Real Estate, Darien, Ct.
David Popoff is a license Realtor in Connecticut with William Raveis office in Darien. David is a lifetime Fairfield County resident who grew up in Rowayton, Ct. and a resident of Darien, Ct since 2004.
An accredited LEED Green Associate (LEED GA) by the United States Green Build Council (USGBC) and a Certified Green Professional (CGP) of National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) .
- Member of the Connecticut Association of Realtors, CAR.
- Member of the National Association of Realtors, NAR.
- Member of the Connecticut chapter (CTGBC).
- Associate member of the HBRA-Fairfield County, Ct. .
- Contact David Popoff for all your real estate needs in Darien, New Canaan, Rowayton and other parts of Connecticut.