Inadequate beam support | Home Inspection Seattle - Bellevue - Everett
- Washington State Inspector License 619
- WSDA Structural Pest Inspector license 79988
- Over 25 years new home construction experience
- Custom Reports including digital and infrared images
- Weekend appointments available
How many pieces to hold up a floor support beam ?
The floor-joist system of this home in the Seattle - Bellevue - Everett area is supported by beams than are located throughout the crawl-space.
Most of the supports for the beam are inadequately supported with various scrap pieces of wood, hollow concrete blocks, and whatever else they could find laying around.
The inadequate beam support shown in the image has (1) hollow concrete block and (5) different pieces of wood
There are a few sags in the floor system. As part of my Home Inspection report, I recommended that all beam supports be replaced using "generally accepted construction practices".
That would mean appropriately sized pier pads and support posts.