We have been members of our local YMCA almost as long as we have lived here. There are other gyms, but we have always stuck with the Y. Not only does our Y have state-of-the-art exercise machines, it also has a huge pool, a warm therapy pool (which is twice the size of a normal residential pool), an outdoor kids pool and a nice indoor track up top.
But the reason we stay with the YMCA has little to do with those things. The reason we stay is that we believe in the Y and its youth programs. My husband claims that the best days of his childhood were spent at Y day camp during the summer. It’s where he learned skills that have served him all of his life, and he remembers that…he remembers how important that was in his life.
So, we stick with the Y…they still have programs that teach kids cool skills, and they still have day camp during the summer. And if a child wants to go to a Y program but his/her parents can’t afford it, the Y will let that child go and the fee will be paid from a scholarship fund set up for that very reason. No child is turned away for lack of ability to pay. Ever.
“Building Strong Kids, Strong Families and Strong Communities” That is the motto of the YMCA (or at least ours)…and I must say, in my opinion, that is exactly what they do.
Thanks Y, for the difference you make in so many lives. We’re all in!
Some of my recent blogs:
- I'm Missing the Humor Retention Gene!
- The Great Blue Heron Returns
- Lonely Laps
- That Place
- We Have A Situation...
- Going Around or Coming Around?
- Snow Cream in S.C. !!!
- Client E-Mail Question #4 >>> Stigmatized Properties
- Killing the Neighborhood Menace
- A Word to the Wise???
- Isn't That Obvious?
- Client E-Mail Question #3 >> Common Underwriting Snag
- Stupid Husband
- New Year's Resolutions Are For Quitters
- That IS normal...right?
- Client E-Mail Question #2 -- Who Can Hold the Earnest Money?
- New Year's Meal >> What's Your Tradition?
- Price Reduced - Brick home in Anderson/Belton area for Under $60,000!
- New Year's Tradition
- Client E-Mail Question -- Home Warranties