Ever wonder how to go about submitting a news media release to help promote your business?
I have discovered some very helpful tips in writing the perfect news release about your business and best of all, if your article is chosen to be printed as a help to the local public, the cost is free!
- Most everything is done electronically nowadays. Email your article to your local newspaper titling the subject line "Media Release".
- NOt sure how to find out the email address? Just find the website for your local newspaper and click on contact us. A list of contacts will appear. Most letters are sent to the Editor of the newspaper.
- Use a company letter head to make the article look professional.
- Be sure the article is written directly in your email page. Not many people will open attachments or links due to the high number of computer bugs that can be contracted so easily.
- Never try to "sell" to the news paper editor. You have to be wise as to how you word your article in order to keep it from being a sales pitch. Keep it limited to useful information about what you have or know.
- Start out with something catchy like.... Homebuyers now have a better way to buy their dream home thanks to ________________________.
- Keep your article limited to 6-8 lines per paragrahp. Keep each statement in the paragraph short but STRONG.
- Always include your Name, telephone number, email address and the date of the letter.
**Thanks to some much appreciated advice from some Active Rain Members, I have added these items on the list of press release advice.
- Useful topics could read something like " 5 Steps to....." or if you have added a new associate or your busines has performed a big accomplishments, these are good to write about also.
- A good press release will always tell who, what, when, where, and why.
By following these easy steps that I have researched and composed, your news article can be underway in no time at all. Just remember, not everyone is interested in the things you have to sell to them. Don't be disappointed if your article doesn't get printed the first time. Keep trying. It is alright to keep submitting several different articles such as "how to's" or "advice from your local__________". Being passionate for what you believe in may pay off in time for you.