How to submit flood damage to Kittitas County

Real Estate Agent with Coldwell Banker Kittitas Valley Realty

The following information was taken from the Ellensburg Daily Record news paper on 1/19/11 

How to submit flood damage information to the county:

• Go to the county's website at

• Call in the information. For Ellensburg, call the city at 962-7239. For the county, call 962-7525.

• Schedule an on-site inspection. Call the city at 962-7239 or the county at 962-7506.

• Stop by the Kittitas County Sheriff's Office during business hours and complete a form. Forms can be dropped off at the sheriff's office or Community Development Services on 411 N. Ruby St.

Damage should be estimated and reported so the county can meet the threshold for receiving disaster assistance funds if they become available, according to a press release from the sheriff's office. The assessment forms are not a substitute for property damage claims through an insurer. Contact your insurance company to report property damage, and document all damage with photographs, if possible.

Damage to residences and businesses, including personal property inside, can be reported. Garages and outbuildings cannot be included in the estimate.

Posted by

Dean Curtis Associate Broker, GRI, ABR 

 Coldwell Banker Kittitas Valley Realty - Ellensburg, Washington



Comments (0)