Although we are still in the drab months of winter, spring will be here soon, and it's never too early to improve the curb appeal of a home you have for sale or are thinking of putting on the market this spring. The following article has some great easy tips.
- Walk across the street and look at your overall landscape.
- Are shrubs trimmed neatly? Windows and doors shouldn't be overshadowed by overgrown bushes.
- Clear your entry, sidewalk, and plant beds of leaves and debris.
- Add a new layer of attractive mulch to all planting areas.
- Are there bare spots or weeds in the lawn? Your local garden supplier can tell you the best way to remedy this problem.
- Hardscape (bird feeders or houses, simple water features, statuary) can add warmth and character to an otherwise drab terrain.
- Make your front door more appealing with a fresh coat of paint or stain and new hardware.
- Speaking of hardware, install new light fixtures on both sides of your door and change your old, scratched house number plates with shiny new ones.
- Consider shutters or awnings to dress up your windows.
- Well placed, low voltage landscape lighting is fairly inexpensive and will dramatically enhance your home when the sun goes down.
Dan McGuire LSA
Hough & Guidice Realty Rose-Lynn, Inc.
99-27 Route 25A
Shoreham, NY 11786