The really good news is that I had no idea what I was going to blog about today, so this gave me a "Get Out of Jail FREE" card.
What is YOUR Big Hairy Audacious Goal (BHAG) in 2011. I'd also like to know more about you, and your background, what is it about you that makes this BHAG so important? What experiences are you bringing with you into 2011 that will make this BHAG work? So I'm asking you to please share 5 or 6 things about yourself, and then tag.
(please paste the above paragraph into your post as you are tagged)
- My GOAL for 2011 is less ambitious than some I've had in the past. It is to reconnect with at least 100 people I haven't been in contact with for a decade. I have already reached 11. These are mainly relatives, neighbor kids I grew up with, and classmates.
- I was born in Kansas, but that was an accident. Most anything that happens in Kansas is an accident. My mother and dad had moved to California in the early 1940s. And my mother had made a trip back to Kansas in late pregnancy because of pressing family matters, and I was born early. My mother, with me, returned to Sacramento a few weeks later. I've been a Sacramento native since.
- I am the youngest by 12 years to my siblings - 7 half sisters and half brothers.
- I have 4 children all grown. And I am the grandmother of 7.
- I swim a couple miles several times a week.
- My passions are cooking (especially different ethnic types of cooking - Indian, Hungarian, Carolina Low Country, Italian, Spanish, Mexican, Persian). AND, I love gardening.
- I am active in a local Sacramento area genealogy group, and I actively research several family names.
Have I had a life outside of the 29 years I've been a Realtor? Well yes - in addition to the things I've mentioned above, I've had careers in the Insurance industry, and also I worked for a number of years at an international software development company, while working with wonderful people from all over the globe. It was while working with them, that I developed my interest in international cooking and cuisine, and different philosophies. The most important lesson I've learned through my experiences - That we are all far more the same, than we will ever be different.
There's probably far more I could tell you - but a TAG isn't supposed to be a soap opera - OR maybe it is :-)
And although TAG's are nothing short of being just another chain letter, please humor me, and send it on. Afterall, TAG's are an effective way for us to learn more of each other's lives outside of ActiveRain.
I am tagging Jack Mossman - Martha Brown - Patricia Feager. I know they must have interesting tales to tell: