For the attorney's out there:
The Circuit Court of Cook County recently initiated the Cook County Mortgage Foreclosure Mediation Program. The goal of the mediation program is to deliver needed services to Cook County homeowners in crisis as early as possible once the foreclosure process begins.
* Basic information about mortgages and the foreclosure process
* Why mediation is an important tool for conflict resolution and how the mediation process works
* How to effectively represent your client in foreclosure mediation including information about relevant federal foreclosure relief programs, loss mitigation and negotiating a graceful exit
* How you can volunteer to represent homeowners in mediation through Chicago Volunteer Legal Services
* Volunteer attorneys with all levels of experience are welcome.