HELLO Mr. Los Angeles Expired Listing ... why do YOU think your home didn't sell?
Ineffective agent and marketing program, price too high, house didn't show well, bad market, ALL of the above?
The truth of the matter is that sometimes good homes, just like yours, don't sell the first time around. Don't be discouraged! There is hope and if you are motivated, your home can and will SELL!
Here are the Top 5 Reasons that cause a home to not sell:
1. It needs more exposure! Simple supply and demand tells us that if something doesn't have enough exposure, it won't sell for the highest price. Let me give you an example. I could build the fastest, shiniest, coolest car but if no one knows about it, I probably won't sell it, or at least not quickly and for top market price. Same applies for homes. More exposure = more demand = higher price and quicker sale. Coincidentally, this is the same reason that FSBO's don't sell for top market price!
2. 40% of Homes Are Sold As a Result of Direct Agent Contact! I bet you thought that all homes sell simply as a result of being put into the MLS. Unfortunately, that's not the case and a large percentage of homes put into the MLS expire or otherwise go unsold. In today's market, many homes sell due to aggressive and active marketing campaigns, including social media, executed by real estate professionals.
3. The Home Must Be In "Showing Condition." If you went to a car dealer and saw a dirty, stinky car with trash inside, would you be inclined to pay top market price? Probably not. Same goes for your home. In order to get top market price, your home needs to look like a "model" home. Do homes that don't look good still sell? Of course, but they always sell for less than top market value. By the way, is it annoying to have your home in showing condition for a long time? You betcha! If you want to limit the amount of time you have to keep your home in this condition, price your home accurately so that it sells fast and for top market price!
4. The Home Must be Strategically Priced. All the marketing and latest technology in the world won't sell a home that's overpriced. In today's market, buyers have choices and, all other things being equal, they're going to buy a less expensive home if possible. Strategic pricing is the difference between receiving multiple offers and selling your home for top market value quickly, and having your home languish on the market for months and months, resulting in price reductions and frustration for you.
5. Buyers Must Be Able To Know About Your Property 24 Hours Per Day, 7 Days Per Week. Like it or not, buyers are now searching for homes online and offline at all times of the day (and night). If they can't get the information they need about your home instantly, they're going to move on to the next home. Find out how we are able to attract 300% to 400% more buyer activity on our listings using one of our unique active marketing methods.
For the last 7 years, I have specialized in helping people sell their homes when other agents couldn't do it or simply gave up trying. Give me a call at 310.933.4281 or shoot me an e-mail for a complimentary home consultation and evaluation. No strings attached. I promise.
Subscribe to CommentsComment