Business people are finding more and more way to leverage FREE these days. One of the best places to do this is Google. Yes, Google is known as the world's best search engine, but the company offers an amazing amount of other services that are so powerful. We just shouldn't be ignoring them!
- Gmail it's time to give your computer's hard drive a break and start using The Cloud. Using gmail means you don't have to spend you day deleting emails on your smart phone and then again on your notebook, netbook or big PC at home. Yes, admit it, I know you are guilty!
When you use the gmail as your mail provider you will save yourself time yet still have the power of Google Search to find something you archived long ago. If you spend a few minutes making filters for each of your clients and others who send you mail on a regular basis you will be way ahead of the game when you have to research something said in a prior email. They will all be there neat and in order.
I use filters to separate my social media chatter. No, I don't want to spend my time chit chatting with Realtors all day, but I do want to keep in touch. Collecting them in a folder means I can go back there when MY WORK is done to catch up.
- Documents, oh here is where I especially love Google. In Google Docs you have a choice of creating spreadsheets, power point presentations, drawings, documents and forms. I use the drawings to create illustrations for presentations and sometimes graphics for my website. The forms are awesome.
- Try this form out...Really do it...
After the form is submitted, the data is transferred to the spreadsheet in my Google Docs Spreadsheet file. I've used this to set up a variety of volunteer events in my Photography Club. I can see where this form would be a great way to collect data in real estate. It could be embedded on your blog as a lead generation tool for instance collecting info on investors, first time home buyers, etc.
- All Google Docs can be shared. This is a great feature if you are collaborating on a project. Our office uses ours to upload all those documents that we use for creating listing presentations. Now my office manager doesn't have to take my Sunday panic calls because I can't find my favorite "Odds of Selling" form. I know I can find it in Google Docs! Yeah!
- These features are hardly a drop in the bucket as to what Google offers us for FREE these days. I encourage you to go check out the site. First you will need a gmail account, once signed up for Gmail you will have the passport to all the other wonderful things at Google.
What are your favorite Google Features?
Other posts about the joys of Google.