- You watchTV.
- You read the newspapers and web articles.
- You hear what your friends, coworkers, and customers are saying.
The market is flat-lining. Prices are falling. Credit is tight. Now is a great time to buy. Interest rates are low.
This negative news and the uncertainty of the economy, government, and job market have created a perfect storm and have put a beating on the way we make a living.
How do you face this wave negativity and feel like your not just treading water?
- First thing you need to do is to adapt to the market. We are experiencing record low mortgage interest rates, yet we are battling a tight credit market. You can show potential clients the amount they can save with the current rates versus the projected increase in rates. This may be all the push that they need.
- Study your competition. How are they marketing themselves? What are they doing to differentiate or add value to potential customers. If you are in slow market, now is the time to get educated on foreclosures, working with VA or FHA loans, or jumping aboard the current "green" push. Why not invest in the most important assets you have, yourself and your knowledge base.
- Breathe. Really take a breath or two. Most of us have been in business long enough to know there are ups and downs in the market. The market will eventually improve and you want to be there to capitalize. Taking a few moments each day to calm and relax can do wonders for your stress and your business.