I obsess over that "Statistics" link on the left side on My Home in Active Rain after I post a blog article...but I would like to know more...like how people are finding my blog articles, how they came to my profile page, etc...wouldn't you?
I know you can install Google Analytics on your outside blog, but what about your regular old blog and profile page? Now there is an option. You can install Stat Counter! Here are the steps...I was going to do a video...but the family is just too loud today!
- Set up or login to your Stat Counter account (statcounter.com)
- Create a new project for Active Rain...you only need one...you can use the same code on your profile page as well as your blog posts.
- Now, go into that project and click on the little wrench picture...then click the link for Install Code
- I like my counters invisible, so I select invisible counter, then click Next.
- Leave the dropdown at Default Installation guide and then select the HTML only option (you must use this option for this purpose). Click Next.
- Copy the code.
- Go to Active Rain and Log In.
- Go to your Profile Edit page, scroll down to one of the options that will let you click a button for html (doesn't matter which one) and paste the code in (must be in html mode first). Update / Save.
- Go to your Settings page. Scroll down, to the signature block. Again, you must be in html mode, and paste the code in. Update / Save.
- That's it!!!
Now you can monitor your traffic through the Stat Counter website for more details! Enjoy!