Facebook Business Page Versus Facebook Profile
Which is a better use for marketing my business?
Keller Williams recently did a study on the battle of a Facebook Business Page versus a Regular Profile. You may be surprised by the answer. Facebook is one of the largest social networks that is used today. To date Facebook has 500 million active users, 50% of which log in every day.
Five Basic Differences in a Facebook Business Page versus a Profile:
Facebook Business Page
- Designed for a business, brands, companies, and celebrities
- Others become Fans
- Able to upload video, status updates, host a discussion, display wall posts, and more
- Track metrics, page views, interactions, gender, age, location, language and more
- Can't invite other members to become a fan
- Only for people (should not be used for a business) to interact with family and friends
- Can create a profile just not a business
- A business that opens a profile page is in direct violation of Facebook Terms of Service and may be shut down
- Others can become friends
- Able to upload pictures, videos, status updates, and invite people to become friends.
- The Search Factor. Facebook profiles can be searched on Google, Bing, and Yahoo.
- The Relevance Factor. Give the "haven't mets" a place for useful information.
- Personal Profile Preferences. Ask yourself what do you want seen by a potential client versus just a friend.