Having lived in Kirkland since 1979 may qualify me as an "almost native" and I have seen several waves of changes in housing and lifestyle near downtown. So let's focus on the neighborhoods in a radius of say 2 miles from the downtown business core. Here are my top 5 reasons to love living in these neighborhoods?
- Walking to get a cup of coffee instead of driving allows one to talk to neighbors- a lost art of modern society.
- The diversity of home styles is exciting. Have you seen the fabulous redo of the older home on Waverly Way into an Italian cottage? Beautiful.
- Kirkland has one of the most vital park systems around the Eastside. Parks are the face of a city and Kirkland has done a very good job.
- More and more good ( ok great) places to dine. What are your favorites?
- Community involvement is high because people are passionate about their neighborhood.