You labor over the words, the content, how to set it up to catch attention. What picture/image to incorporate? Being clever with title and a few quips to keep your readers interested and Post Blog Entry button is clicked. So much time and thought placed into your post. Your passion poured out and now just waiting for your ActiveRain friends and hopefully new friends to read your post.
Toggling back and forth .. to see your post enter the line up of new posts. Then .. wait ... hey, I just posted this and what .. it is already 6 down on the lineup! What, it has disappeared and it was just put up just two minutes ago. You click your post and a sinking big 0 viewed shows up. With high aspirations gone in a flash what happened?
Upon review you notice the same AR member has several posts on the line .. all listings that apparently all were entered at the unfortunate time as you. Then another AR member as posted some stat reports that were cut & pasted concerning several areas in their region with not content just graphs. Your post did not have the exposure or chance to be viewed and now with deflated hopes you go back to the drawing board.
Sound familiar? A few shared thoughts to my ActiveRain friends on posting courtesy ... at least from my observation.
- Be kind to your fellow members and scatter you posts out over a time span, please do not send all at once .. you will actually give your readers more opportunity to enjoy your posts as well.
- War stories are great but refrain from use of actual names/agency, we get the idea with "the co-op agent", etc.
- If a member takes time to give a thoughtful comment on your post, please do the courtesy of responding back to acknowledge their time.
- Be loyal ... if you subscribe to a member's blog then visit them and comment, celebrate their moments and lend advice when sought.
- Be appreciative - those who do subscribe and comment on your posts - visit their posts and return the favor. This is how a great foundation for relationships are founded.
- If you notice a member hasn't posted for some time .. send an email of You Have Been Missed!
Share in the ActiveRain fun and allow others to have their moment and recognition as well.
Tips to not be as reliant on the "line up" to attract readers:
- Join varied groups and be sure to include your post to the appropriate group depending on your topic.
- Be active on ActiveRain, comment frequently on other posts and don't just limit yourself to the magic 10comments per day points rewarded.
- Subscribe and be loyal, others will in turn follow your posts.
- Have topic content and shared thoughts on your posts. Do not just post listings, recipes, stats all the time. Have fun and make it fun for others to want to visit and read.
- What draws you to read other posts? Incorporate the same on your posts be it good pictures, current topics, layout, humor, etc.
Don't whine when you get a "0 viewings" and don't let this be a reason to stop blogging. Create your voice and it will be heard! You just need to find it first.