In the latest Jefferson County Chamber of Commerce newsletter, the following events are shown as scheduled:
- February 11-13 - "Southern Hospitality" at Old Opera House
- February - Spaghetti Dinner - JCCOA
- February 13 - Father/Daughter Dance - Parks & Rec
- February 24 - Monthly Membership Meeting - Asbury United Methodist Church
- March 8 - Women's Network Workshop at Clarion Hotel In Shepherdstown
- March 19 - Silent Auction for Independence Day Celebration at Hollywood Casino
- March 23 - Next "Get A Life" program at Wildwood Middle School
- April 22 - 2nd Annual Golf Tournament at Cress Creek
- May 21 - 10th Annual Ranson Festival at Ranson Civic Center
We are also reminded that some families struggle to pay high heating bills in the winter. These are family, friends, and members of our community. Every dollar you can donate is matched by the WV Dollar Energy Fund. You can visit Warming Hands and Hearts and make an online donation or call 304-263-0603. You can also mail a check to United Way of the Eatern Panhandle, 218 W. King St., Martinsburg, WV 25401, put Warming Hands and Hearts in the memo line.
Here is a littlel history lesson. Did you know that Abraham Lincoln's bodyguard was born in Summit Point, WV. He wrote a manuscript in 1880. Chamber member Bob O'Connor found it in 2007 and has published a book "The Life of Abraham Lincoln: As President", You may find this book at the Charles Town Visitors Center, at the Harpers Ferry Visitors Center, at the Four Season's Books in Shepherdstown, WV or online at www.boboconnorbooks.com
For more news, go to Jefferson County Chamber of Commerce.